Cataract SGG Oar Shaft
Cataract® Oars have a flex like wood oars at a fraction of the weight. Don’t let the lighter composite material steer you wrong, these are serious whitewater oars with unrivaled power transfer and near-indestructible construction. They boast twice the breaking strength of aluminum with significantly less maintenance than wood oars. The SGG™ is designed to deliver the best in whitewater rafting performance and give the best oar experience to the unrelenting river goer. The rope-wrapping technique does more than just beef-up your oar and pay tribute to rafting history, the rope helps protect the shaft against wearing down, it offers more traction, and less noise against the oar lock so you can have the most enjoyable experience possible on the river.
OVERALL OAR LENGTHS INCLUDE THE 27″ LONG BLADE (SOLD SEPARATELY).
- The SGG™ is a filament wound oar shaft made of strong fiberglass/carbon fiber.
- An innovative thumb notch on the end of the rubber-cushioned handles gives you superior orientation of your blade while keeping your eyes on what lies ahead.
- With 2x the breaking strength of aluminum at 60% of the weight, SGG™ oars are ready to take on any challenge.
- The shafts flex and rebound like wood oars without the need of constant refinishing.
- Optional counterbalance handles add 4lbs at the top of the shaft reducing swing weight for less fatigue. See handles for more details and choices.
- The SGG™ has a tough,urethane finish protecting the shaft from scratches, dings, and UV rays, increasing the life of the oar.
- SGG™ oar shafts are compatible with the Cutthroat™, and Magnum™, blades. These blades float.
- Optionally, add a rope wrap to protect your shaft from wear, give you a quieter rowing experience, and achieve better control in the oar locks.
9.5', 9', 9
There are no reviews yet.